Today's recipe is QUICK. I'm talking about five minutes of prep, five minutes of cooking and YOU ARE DONE! Packed with so much more flavor and depth than the typical Rice Krispie, these aren't just for the kids! I may or may not know, because I've had three today.
2 oz. unsalted butter
3 oz. Crafted Confections Caramel Sauce. I used Fleur De Sel
but IPA, Bourbon, and our Seasonals (Spiced Apple
and one new flavor coming soon), would all work perfectly.
10 oz. bag of mini marshmallows (I prefer mini as they melt faster)
6 cups of rice cerealGarnish:
Optional, but if you are using our Fleur De Sel, or Bourbon, some flakey salt on top is great. Maldon, or I like Saltworks Cyprus Flake
1. Grease an 8"x8" pan. I like to line my pan with foil or parchment, and spray pan spray all over it so it easily pops out.
2. Melt the butter over medium heat in a large pot. While butter is melting, put the Crafted Caramel Sauce in the microwave, and microwave in short intervals stirring in between, until you get a thin consistency.
3. When butter is melted, turn heat to medium low. Stir in marshmallows until melted.
4. Gently stir in Crafted Caramel Sauce.
5. Once combined, take off heat, and quickly stir in the rice cereal. You will want to do this fast. The longer you take, the messier the whole process gets.
6. Pour mix into pan. I like to use a flat metal spatula to push the mix evenly in the pan.
7. Let cool.
8. Pull out of pan and cut. I like to cut four 2" strips vertically, and then cut four 2" strips vertically, giving me 16 mini treats.
9. If you decide to garnish with flakey salt, now is the time. I like to wait until after I cut it so I feel like I can control exactly where the salt goes. Lightly sprinkle a little to each square. Garnishing salt has so much flavor, you don't want to go too crazy.
Tag us and let us know what caramel you used to make these sweet treats! #CraftedConfections.
Leave a comment